An insulation inspection¬†is usually required by every jurisdiction as part of the building process. It usually happens at rough-in before drywall, and in the past, the city inspectors have performed¬†it. However, with the influx of new construction in the Colorado area, some cities departments are moving to a¬†third party insulation inspection system to keep up with demand.
The known list of areas that require this inspection are as follows:
- Boulder County
- Commerce City
Insulation Inspections are very straightforward. One of our inspectors will visit the site to verify grade 1 insulation install in the home prior to drywall. We will check that the insulation levels meet the code requirements for the specific IECC year that house was permitted¬†under, or we will match the insulation levels to your HERS or REScheck model.
The purpose of an Insulation Inspection:
- Verify the installed insulation¬†levels in a home meet the code requirements necessary prior to drywalling/wall covering.
- Verify there is no missing voids or gaps in the thermal parameter of the home.
Upon completion of an insulation inspection, we will send you a letter of certification that a 3rd party inspector verified the insulation levels. We will also keep photos on¬†hand for any future verification needed.
Order an Insulation Inspection for your construction¬†project today! Or view all of our energy services below.
Insulation Inspection Pricing
- Discounts available for smaller additions and multi-units.
Insulation Inspection from Scott Home Inspection:
- Conducted separately¬†or as part of a HERS rating
- Trained Specialists educated on energy code compliance.
- Same Day Report Delivery