Energy Audits from Scott Home Inspection
According to the EPA Energy Star program, the average American household spends $1,500 annually on energy bills – a number that may go up as much as 50% this year.
Almost half of that energy goes to heating and cooling your home. Lighting and appliances represent about a quarter of those costs. Each of us can take action today to reduce energy use at home, while still staying comfortable.
Let Scott Energy Services, a division of Scott Home Services, LLC, perform a top-to-bottom Energy Audit of your home to help determine the cause of any problems you may be experiencing, help you gauge your home’s energy efficiency, and recommend clear steps you can take to reduce your energy bills.
An Energy Audit Inspection includes:
- Heating system test and evaluation
- Cooling system test and evaluation
- Water Heating system inspection
- Ducting system inspection
- Insulation and Ventilation inspection
- Door and Window evaluation
- Blower Door Test – Air-Sealing inspection (interior and exterior)
- Infra-red (IR) scans, where appropriate
- Appliance and Lighting efficiency evaluation
Energy Audit Sample
Following the inspection, we will recommend improvements as part of our same-day report. These may include measures such as: air-sealing and duct-sealing, adding insulation, installation of energy-efficient lighting, and if needed, new HVAC equipment or windows. The best solution for most homes often includes a combination of different types of improvements.
Implementation of the suggested improvements will result in savings on your annual energy bill. And, many of the improvements will be simple items that could be performed yourself.