Energy Audits for Home Owners and Builders that really reduce energy costs and help the planet.
Energy Audits from Scott Home Inspection
According to the EPA Energy Star program, the average American household spends $1,500 annually on energy bills – a number that may go up as much as 50% this year.
Almost half of that energy goes to heating and cooling your home. Lighting and appliances represent about a quarter of those costs. Each of us can take action today to reduce energy use at home, while still staying comfortable.
Let Scott Home Inspection perform a top-to-bottom Energy Audit of your home to help determine the cause of any problems you may be experiencing, help you gauge your home’s energy efficiency, and recommend clear steps you can take to reduce your energy bills.
We also perform energy audits for permit applications under the city of Boulder’s BuildSmart or COBECC – City of Boulder Energy Conservation Code.
An Energy Audit Inspection includes:
- Heating system test and evaluation
- Cooling system test and evaluation
- Water Heating system inspection
- Ducting system inspection
- Insulation and Ventilation inspection
- Door and Window evaluation
- Blower Door Test – Air-Sealing inspection (interior and exterior)
- Infra-red (IR) scans, where appropriate
- Appliance and Lighting efficiency evaluation
Start saving money on your energy bills now
Make a plan to reduce your energy consumption, lower your bills, and feel more comfortable in your home.