HERS RATING SERVICES
As Certified Home Energy Raters, Scott Home Inspection can perform full HERS ratings on new homes for builders, architects and home buyers, to verify the energy performance of the home.
Energy Rating Services:
- Certified Energy HERS Ratings performed for builders, architects and home buyers.
- Ratings for new homes, remodels and additions, when needed for certain municipalities, such as City/County of Boulder
- Ratings for remodels for the city of Denver’s Energy program.
- Energy STAR Ratings offered (Energy Star V3 Certified Rater)
- RES-Check reports from plans
- Energy Code compliance checks for all local municipalities
- Help with compliance to City/County of Boulder requirements, Town of Superior Green Building Code, Longmont Green Points, and others.
On-Site Inspection Requirements For HERS and IECC
IECC-2009/2012/2015/2018 Performance Path Ratings and Field Testing. We offer all the required onsite testing for a standard HERS rating including:
Infra-Red (IR) Scanning
We use to help diagnose insulation levels and air leakage areas when needed. This is very helpful when testing to meet the air leakage requirements for your HERS Rating.
By scanning the walls with an infrared camera, hidden air leaks are very easy to see while running a blower door test. If you are having trouble passing this test, we can help determine where your biggest air leaks are located.
Get a HERS Rating Quote
HERS rating prices are quoted on a case by case bases. However, we have competitive pricing and multiple certified energy raters on staff to complete your rating FAST.
Use the form to email us about your HERS needs.