Serving the Colorado Front Range since 2006, from Fort Collins to Castle Rock.
Our Vision for a Home Inspection Company
When we started Scott Home Inspection in 2006, we had a vision to completely revolutionize the home inspection experience. In our personal experiences while buying and selling our own home, the experience of getting a home inspection was less than ideal. The vast majority of home inspectors are one-man operators, very skilled in the act of performing a home inspection but lacking in business operations and customer service skills.
We envisioned a home inspection company that could meet both the technical challenges of assessing the condition of a home, while also being responsive to the needs for fast turnaround on report delivery, scheduling flexibility, broad coverage area and excellent support when questions invariably arise after the inspection. We also envisioned a company that could provide a very broad range of services beyond just the inspection itself. And yet still remain true to the core ideal of providing excellent service to help Colorado families live in safe, healthy and comfortable homes. Out of this vision came Scott Home Inspection.
Our Team has Grown to Support Your Needs
Today we have 30+ team members at Scott Home Inspection working to deliver services and customer care to meet your needs. We provide services in 3 key areas:
- Home Inspections for home buyers and sellers to understand the general condition of a home for sale
- Energy Services to help home builders, contractors, architects and home owners understand the energy efficiency of their home or the home being built
- Rental Inspection Services to help property managers and rental property owners understand the health-safety condition of properties and to comply with local rental licensing requirements
Our Commitment to You
We understand how difficult it can be to find great service these days. We believe every customer has a right to expect and receive excellent care. When you contact Scott Home Inspection, you have our commitment to deliver on these 6 areas:
- Superior Responsiveness: Today’s real estate transactions move FAST! Deadlines give you days to get an inspection completed. You need a company that responds NOW! Not waiting for the home inspector to finish his jobs and call you back in the evening…NOW! We have a team of customer service professionals ready 7 days a week to take your call, answer your email, respond to your text, and get the inspection scheduled! And if we are not available when you need us, we have an online scheduling tool to select and schedule the inspection yourself!
- Prompt Schedule Availability and Broad Coverage Area: Did we mention short deadlines? You need the inspection when? Tomorrow? Day After Tomorrow? No problem – by having a team of inspectors serving the entire front-range from Fort Collins to Castle Rock we can get you scheduled right away. Our goal is to always have an inspection slot available within no more than 48 hours from the time you call. And we will add inspectors to our team to continue to meet that goal.
- Diverse Service Offerings: Today’s home buyers want information! With home prices along the front range averaging $650,000 as of this writing, these are HUGE investments people are making in their future homes. Information is power, and offering a broad set of services in addition to the home inspection is critical to provide today’s buyers with the knowledge needed to make an informed purchase decision. We have in-house experts who can perform radon testing, sewer scopes, mold testing, pest inspections, infra-red scans, energy audits, and much more. And every year we are adding more services and more options.
- Experienced & Knowledgeable Inspection Team: ASHI Certification is the Gold-Standard in Home Inspections and our team are all ASHI Certified or ASHI Associate Inspectors. We know homes and we know how to inspect them, and how to put the discovered items in the right-context.
- Innovative Reporting: This is our deliverable and where we shine. Nobody wants a PDF report today. Our reports are in the cloud and can be viewed on any device – cell phone, tablet, laptop, desktop. View full color pics of any concern we come across, with narrative write-ups explaining our findings. All in a logical flow and presentation. And, if you want to save it as a PDF we can do that too.
- Excellent After-Inspection Support: When questions come up after the inspection, and they will, we are here for you. Through our Ask-Your-Inspector program, only available from Scott Home Inspection, we stand ready to support you with any questions, whether the day after the inspection, a year later, or as long as you own the home. And all pre-purchase home inspections are backed by our exclusive 100-Day SHIELD Warranty Program. Real people, real support.
How are we doing?
Are we meeting your needs? What services can we add? What areas are we not covering that you want to see? Our goal is to continue to grow and expand and yet laser focus our efforts and attention on providing the best possible Home-Inspection-Experience that can be found in Colorado.
And despite our growth and the opportunity to help more people, we have worked very hard to maintain that simple focus on our purpose of helping people to live in safe, healthy and comfortable homes. It is as simple as that. We hope that you give us an opportunity to work with you. And if you are a real estate agent looking for a home inspector to refer to your clients, give us a shot and see how we do.
Our Passion for Excellence
Scott Home Inspection was founded by Ann and George Scott, and we still co-own and operate the business together. We have grown a team of leaders, managers, inspectors and customer service specialists that all share our passion for helping people. We continually look for ways to get better and learn and grow. You have our promise that we will do everything we can to take good care of you or your clients, and do our very best to provide you with excellent service and care.